Thursday, June 3, 2010

Forward

Forward into a new adventure. I landed in Anchorage yesterday around noon and walked around town for about two and one half hours. A very touristy place, but still that could not sour the experience as I was fresh with excitement and anticipation as to what the next three months have in store for me.
I stopped in to the BrewHouse and had a really good Imperial Blonde although after tasting the IPA I would have been happier going that route.

Today it has been raining so my plans of going hiking and having some photos to post were disrupted for the time being. I am not too let down by this as the good people of Wasilla need the rain, my only hope is that this weather system can some how make it down to Northern Wisconsin where it would be welcomed there too by all the green thumbs and fisherman.

The friends I am staying with are generous and truly great people and I will be eternally thankful for their generosity, providing me with a home, food, good beer, and a vehicle to get around for a few days. Tonight I am cooking Halibut that they caught out in Prince William Sound.

To all my friends out in the world, this is my compromise. As I still am weary of social networking/stalking sites I am using this medium to post my thoughts, photos, and experiences while up here in Alaska. I hope you check in once in a while to see what I have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment